Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Musings from the Principal's Office - NEV Normal School Dunedin

Kia ora everyone!
This is the first blog from me and is going to be short and to the point. I want to join with the other teachers as they move along the ICT road. I have been involved in ICT in education for many years and I am pleased to say I still struggle with many aspects of the modern technologies. I am also not ashamed to say that ICT is not the be-all and end-all of teaching but a useful tool.
So whilst I encourage our school to be 'up with the play' in the use of ICT I acknowledge that really good teaching is what counts.
We have a tradition at this school of sound teaching and of making the best use of every minute of classtime - anything we do with technology must not get in the way of this sound teaching but must either make it easier or more effective.

John McKenzie

No comments: